• In the few months leading up to your special day it’s important to be using a good skin care regime tailored to your skin. For your makeup to look its best your skin needs to be looking its best. You should also exfoliate at least once or twice a week
• Grow your brows out and have them professionally shaped. Remember not all beauticians are trained at shaping brows so try and find a reputable salon. • Remember to wear sunscreen before the wedding to avoid any sun damage or sun tan marks.
• We all want beautiful white teeth on our wedding day. Start using a whitening toothpaste in conjunction with White glow teeth whitening which is a teeth whitener that can lighten your teeth up to 2-3 shades. – this can be purchased from your local supermarket.
• Your last waxing or threading should be at least 1 week before the wedding. If you leave it any closer the foundation will not sit nicely on your skin.
• Any Botox should be done at least 2-3 weeks before
• Fillers should be at least 3 weeks
• Facials are a great way to get your skin looking beautiful and glowing however in case of a breakout or reaction it best to have them no less than 1 week prior.
• Stay hydrated and take fish oil
• Have your manicure and pedicure the day before your wedding. Shellac is great as it will see you through the honeymoon as well.
• Many brides want a sun kissed glow for their wedding. Here are some top tips for the perfect wedding spray tan. Don’t take any chances, make sure you have a trial spray tan at least one month before your wedding day with an experienced spray tanning technician. For weddings, lighter is better. Make sure you ask the spray tanning technician to give you a colour that is a “golden glow” or “golden hue”. Don’t be tempted to get a dark tan for your wedding. Consider spray tanning all of your wedding party .If you are going to be tanned it really is worth considering having the whole wedding party spray tanned. If all of your wedding party have a subtle tan, it may make all the difference to your photos.
Have any facial waxing at least 5 days before
Have your hair colour done at least 1 week before so as your hair colour can settle in and if your not completely happy with the colour you have time to have it changed.
Have freshly cleansed and exfoliated skin for when I arrive.
Don’t forget to have the following:
• Pressed powder - to make sure you do not have an oily t-zone for your photographs. Gently pat the t-zone with the powder to remove un-wanted shine.
• Cotton buds - have a few to hand to tidy up around the eye area if needed if you cry (and don't forget the tissues too)!
• Lipstick and Lip liner - after eating, kissing and before any photos, keep your lip products to hand to re-touch if required.
• Blush - For the evening reception, I advise my brides to also have a blusher (you will be in a darker light for the party so you can apply more if you want too) and also, to maybe make your eye make-up a little more 'smoky', you can simply run an eyeliner pencil on the inner rim of the eye.